Be a Part of Something “Wild” and Join the Friends of Tamarac
Joining the Friends of Tamarac today will help us continue to connect people and nature at Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge. Your membership supports the educational programs and events, volunteer program, habitat restoration efforts and more! Members receive a colorful quarterly newsletter and 10% off on purchases at the Tamarac Wildlife Gifts and Bookstore. All new members are recognized in the newsletter.
Everyone is invited to be a member of Friends of Tamarac
- Join Friends and receive our quarterly newsletter, Tamarac Tracks, which is filled with great articles about Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge, Friends activities, environmental education programs, and the natural world.
- As a member you will be invited to Friends activities such as the Fall Festival, the Festival of Birds, and A Toast to Tamarac.
- Members are as involved as they want to be. Some of our members are active volunteers, others only attend specific activities they are interested in. Many hunt and fish on the refuge or take advantage of the hiking trails. A number of our members live nearby, while other members live hundreds, even thousands, of miles away.
- Friends educational activities, newsletter, and programs in support of the Refuge are funded by membership dues and donations. We can’t do it without the help of people like you.
Friends provides funding and volunteers for programs like:
- Every year hundreds of elementary school children come to Tamarac for a day of environmental education activities led by Friends volunteers. The classes visit in the fall, winter and spring.
- Many children enjoy their day at Tamarac so much that they bring their parents back for the Fall Festival, another Friends activity. All Fall Festival activities, except the lunch, are free of charge and funded by donations to Friends.
- Have you ever wanted to know the names of the wildlife, wildflowers, trees, and plants in the woods? Friends volunteers lead interpretive naturalist programs through the woods and in formal programs where they teach about nature on the refuge.
- Interested in photography? Another Friends volunteer conducts photography excursions through the refuge.
- Friends supports the Festival of Birds, which brings hundreds of people from throughout the nation to our area every spring.
Join Friends of Tamarac at a level that suits you best
- Individual/Family: $20
- Patron: $100
- Steward: $250
- Life Member: $500